Tuesday, December 23, 2008

If you had to choose a theme song for LaMB, which song would you choose, which band would you have perform it and why?

I’ve probably seen several sci-fi movies after this song came out, and I was expecting at least one of them will feature this or at any rate place it on the show. But to my surprise, the single never went that far. I’m talking about “Intergalactic” by “Beastie Boys”. This one’s a classic. “Intergalactic” was released around mid July 1998. The song rose up the ranks, up to the top 40’s and it even received a Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance by a Duo or Group in 1999.

That song was so fun to listen to. I swear it made me dance and sing a little every time I heard it. Nothing can be better for LaMB than this because it has the sci-fi essence, the beat and the way they rap is very catchy, and it’s related to space travel, life on other planets and technological advances in some way. Fact is, this hit was recognized worldwide and that means a lot. Unfortunately, we need something more up to date. The way I see it, Beastie Boys did a close to perfect job with “Intergalactic” and reviving the song will not make the same impact that it did before. That’s just showbiz.

Next to “Queens of the Stone Age”, “Green Day”, “Red Hot Cili Peppers”,Aerosmith”, "Linkin Park" and "Limp Bizkit" which are my favorite bands, "Simple Plan" which is already featured in Animax, is my most wanted these days. I can never forget “Me Against The World”, “Promise”, and “Thank You”, they always kept me going while I was still studying before. I like listening to music while doing my things and these songs really rock! Like they say in local bakeries, “Grab’em while their hot” and for the past few weeks, "Simple Plan" is smokin’! The Songs “What if”, “End”, “Take my hand”, and “I can wait forever” from their new album “Simple Plan”, is reason enough why this band is #1 today.

If there was only a way for time travel and altering history, then we would probably have the perfect theme song and band for LaMB. Don’t get me wrong, my favorite groups have great hits except we are looking for something “LaMBish” and these guys don’t have the right stuff. Another great song for LaMB would be “Around the World” by “Daft Punk”. You see, there are a lot of cool songs that LaMB would be crazy not to make them as their theme song. But just like “Around the World” they've already been branded as classics. Probably the bands these days just don’t concentrate in making cool music that are techie, or galactic-space whatever.

Setting aside the sci-fi matters, LaMB is also about a love story. If we focus on the Male-Female interrelationship then a great theme song for LaMB would be “Dangerous” by “Kardinal Offishall”. Eve, a criminal on the loose, held only by the commands of her shepherd, has beauty of a goddess, can withstand extreme heat, and with immensely boosted strength. Yeah, that girl is so dangerous.



Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intergalactic_(song)

5 comments:

  1. ha ha ha !!
    you got me here... not a clue! you must know a lot of music and science fiction movies.
    no further comment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kardinal offishall is a cool band. their one of top in my must listen to music list. funny... dangerous does seem appropriate for lamb. haha
    i could just imagine they would make a music video of jack and eve with this song.
    the scenes would be: first, those 2 would be working in the lab then jack notices eve staring at him. after which eve would be fighting robots or other lambs that have gone wild. jack would also notice eve's sexy body after taking a shower. and also just when jack is about to kiss eve... someone attacks them and eve knocks that out with one punch.
    something like that would be cool to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it may not be good for lamb but i like gives you hell by the all-american rejects.

    dangerous is great considering the characteristics of eve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Stand by Me" by Oasis =)

    Made a meal and threw it up on sunday,
    I’ve, got a lot of things to learn,
    Said I would and I'll be leaving one day
    Before my heart starts to burn.

    So what’s the matter with you,
    Sing me something new,
    Don’t you know the cold and wind and rain don’t know,
    They only seem to come and go, away.

    Times are hard when things have got no meaning,
    I’ve found a key upon the floor,
    Maybe you and I will not believe in,
    The things we find behind the door.

    So what’s the matter with you,
    Sing me something new,
    Don’t you know the cold and wind and rain don’t know,
    They only seem to come and go away.

    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows the way it’s gonna be,
    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows the way it’s gonna be,
    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows the way it’s gonna be,
    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows,
    Yeah nobody knows,
    The way it’s gonna be.

    If your leaving will you take me with you,
    I’m tired of talking on my phone,
    There is one thing I can never give you,
    My heart will never be your home,

    So what’s the matter with you,
    Sing me something new,
    Don’t you know the cold and wind and rain don’t know,
    They only seem to come and go, away.

    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows the way it’s gonna be,
    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows the way it’s gonna be,
    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows the way it’s gonna be,
    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows, yeah nobody knows,
    The way it’s gonna be.

    The way it’s gonna be, yeah.
    Maybe I can see, yeah,
    But don’t you know the cold and wind and rain don’t know
    They only seem to come and go, away.

    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows the way it’s gonna be,
    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows the way it’s gonna be,
    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows the way it’s gonna be,
    Stand by me,
    Nobody knows,
    Yeah God only knows,
    The way it’s gonna be.

    ReplyDelete